Tuesday, December 17, 2013

RC Play day.

Had an opportunity to spend a few hours with the kiddo today learning to use some new RC gear.  First up was the ECX 1:18 scale Torment.  My son and I run 1:10 scale cars in several categories, and both have 1:8 scale buggies.  I really didn't have much hope for the tiny little ECX, but it was actually a blast to drive.  about 20 m.p.h. for a top speed is pretty quick for a car this size and it turns IMMEDIATELY if you crank the wheel around.  For beginners it would be a total blast.   Even for experienced drivers it's more fun than you would expect!

The other plaything was my new DJI Phantom V 1.1.2 - I love this quadcopter.  I am still trying to get good enough at flying (smooooth) for video, but it's fun to just zoom it around the yard sans camera.  My son was the pilot on these shots...  so if my semi wild  thing 7 year old can fly it you can too.  Plenty of reviews out there so here I am just going to show it off!















No comments: